Thursday, July 24, 2008

Early Celebrations

Last night, my parents and I (Jeff had to work late since its crunch time at his company with shut-down right around the corner) went out for supper to celebrate our anniversaries. My parents actual anniversary is 7/29. They were married 36 years ago in a chapel near Westover Airforce Base in Chicopee MA.

Remember a couple of months ago I had gone to the flea market and mentioned I had picked up a little gift for my parents anniversary?!?! Well, I can revel that little surprise now. What I found was is an old postcard picture of the chapel where they had married back in 1972.

Picture of the Chapel Postcard
The reason the picture of the chapel is so unique now-a-days is the building is a day care facility (which I had gone to several years later after we moved back to MA) with a huge sign out front with all kinds of kid outdoor play equipment. So, the postcard is a clear image of what it was like so many years ago for them.

Post card in its new frame

The anniversary that Jeff and I will be celebrating next week is on 7/31 and it will be our two year original wedding date. Remember back in February I mentioned the whole transplant story and how we had rushed to get married on 2/22/2006 so I could have the time off to be with my husband and FIL (and to make things legal in the event of any major decisions had to be made) after the surgery. Well, 7/31/2006 was our original wedding date.
After the transplant Jeff and I decided to still go through with our original ceremony since it was already arranged, paid for and we wanted something official since our February JP marriage was so quick. We had originally planed a small Vegas wedding in one of the hotels on the strip. After the transplant I had called the hotel, explained our situation and they were more then happy to change it from a wedding to a renewal. We had a full blown ceremony just like it was our first time getting married. Want to see pictures?

Sample of what our new outdoor fireplace looks like
So, my parents gave us a outdoor fireplace to go with my backyard swing. I can't wait to set it up and try it out. I told my niece, Ally a little while ago that someday soon we will be able to roast marshmallows while on the swing and her and I couldn't wait for that moment. I hope soon we will get the chance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What great gifts for each of you! The postcard picture really is special and I'm sure that they will cherish it always...gotts love good finds like that! It was nice to finally find out what the special flea market purchase was.

Yes I want to see pics!!! SHARE!

Amy