Saturday, July 26, 2008

Day One - Arrival

I was pleasantly surprised when we were able to fit Jeff's laptop into our luggage (carry-on of course). We didn't think we were going to be able to, but Jeff made it happen since he didn't want me to go into blog withdraw. Isn't he a sweetie? The wi-fi is a little spottie here at the hotel, so if I can past that, things will be wonderful.

Our flights went well. We flew out of Hartford (that's our plane there), into Baltimore for our lay-over and then continued to fly into NC. Then we drove to Southern VA.


But before we left the airport in Hartford, I found an interesting book in one of the gift shops. I know I have plenty of books (along with one that I am more then half way done with at home, but didn't bring it with me because of the size and weight, so I left it), but I couldn't resist a challenge. The challenge is a book return program at select airports and if you return a book within 6 months, you get half the purchase price back. So, I thought of this as a challenge for the week and decided to buy it.


So, my vacation book will be Playing for Pizza by John Grisham. It not his typical legal thriller, but a little something completely different. Every once in awhile, he produces something outside of his realm and they are just as enticing as his usual writings.




Now we are relaxing in our hotel. We get Zack tomorrow morning and we can't wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh cool! I think the book thing is a great idea & getting half-price back is a good deal!

Hope all is going well!

Amy