Thursday, July 31, 2008

We don't have poker chips!

Last night, after our usual drive around with the top down adventure, we decided to head back to the hotel so the boys could take an evening dip. Well, by the time we got back, the girls softball team that arrived yesterday had taken over the pool area. The boys decided it was best to stay in and play poker (I can't believe the sight of some teenage girls would make the boys shy, but who knew).

The only thing was, we didn't have our poker chips. We did have a deck of cards (since I carry one in my travel bag for situations like this). Jeff came up with an idea. We each picked up a bag of potato chips for a snack to keep in the room, so we decided to use the potato chips and popcorn in place of the poker chips. Brilliant!

We divided up the chips to even piles. Zack's snack was the Cheddar popcorn and was worth a $500 poker chip, my snack chip was the Utz crap chip and was worth $200 and Jeff's Doritos was worth $100.

So, we made due and played our Texas Hold-Em using our potato chips and popcorn and played like we had regular poker chips. It was so fun!

Oh, and by the way I WON! I don't think I ever won a poker game with Jeff. That's right! When you have pockets Aces and your husband says "all in" at the sight of his hand, I agreed and said "all in" too! I flipped my cards and it was revealed that I won. Yeah baby!

Thanks to Jeff with his imagination working full force last night, we have a new way of playing poker and a great vacation memory.

No comments: