Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Day Four - Military Tuesday

Today we traveled an hour and half south to Danville VA to go visit the AAF Tank Museum. It was sort of an homage to Jeff's video game, Call of Duty.

It was definitely a long trip for the museum. Honestly, I don't know if it was worth the long ride, but if you are ever in the area definitely stop by. But, keep in mind that the main part of the museum does NOT have AC, so it can be a little warm (and it was for us today).

It was hard to take pictures since a flash could not be used, but I tried to capture what we had seen but, most were blurry so I can't show the images. Anyhow, in the museum there were sections dividing the different displays. They had sections showing the different uniforms, guns/weapons, patches, awards, posters, magazine articles and of course tanks ranging from the first wars to Dessert Storm. It was definitely an educational type of day.

Zack looking at one of the many gun cases

If you want to buy an army truck, this is the place to look

The tanks were huge!

After checking out the museum, we headed back to the hotel for the afternoon. After supper, we made it back to Thunder Valley for the go-karts that we were suppost to go to yesterday for Zack. He had a blast! I tried to get Jeff to go out there, but he was a party pooper!

I had a slightly disturbing realization today. We were driving around, Jeff driving, me in the front passenger side and Zack in the back of the car. All of a sudden I hear "I kissed a girl and I liked it...." in a small voice singing along to the radio. My realization is this, I have a mini Jeff on my hands and he is just like his father. Oh geeze, please help me!
PS. Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad

1 comment:

The Sweet Family said...

You should have gotten on the go-karts!

I am not sure where the AAF is but I am going to check out the website you so graciously put down and maybe take the fam.

BTW, Salem is north of Christiansburg (which is where I work). I actually live much further from Salem.