Friday, July 18, 2008

Weekend Check List

With the recent events that took place in Jeff and my life, we have decided to slip away for a little weekend get-away to a cute little Bed & Breakfast. I know we will be heading on our long, hectic, fun filled two weeks with Zack starting next weekend, but we wanted some time away for ourselves.

I originally wanted to go to the Berkshires which is about an hour west of us, but there were no available rooms in any of the B&B's in that area. So, I researched going east and found a cute B&B in Sturbridge, MA called the Country Inn about 45 minutes away. Its right in the middle of the quaint little town, so we will be in walking distance of everything we need.

My weekend to do list is the following-
  • Relax in the rooms whirlpool
  • Explore the inn, inside and out
  • Walk around town and discover the country stores
  • Read at a leisurely pace
  • Have a romantic dinner with Jeff
  • Sleep late
  • Rejuvenate

I hope I can accomplish everything on my list and more!

3 comments:

floreksa said...

Have fun!!

Anonymous said...

You will enjoy Sturbridge a great deal. The Handmaiden primitives shop is right next door to the Inn. there are many others in town on Route 20. Don't forget to take Route 131 to the town Common and visit the Publick House Inn for dinner, or the bakery! Rovezzi's Rest., The Cedar Street Rest., The Oxhead Tavern near the Host Hotel serves dinner on a large deck overlooking the lake. And, don't forget Old Sturbridge Village...talk about relaxing!

The Sweet Family said...

I think both you and Jeff deserve a wonderful, relaxing weekend!

Have a great weekend!!!

Hugs,
Amy