Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Adventures with Ally

Last night, my niece Ally and her parents came over for supper and a visit. After supper, Ally and I went outside to play since she was getting bored playing in Zack's room.

I didn't think about bringing my camera out with us since I was caught up in the moment, so I forgot. Since I had a mind slip, I don't have any new pictures from our adventures in the back yard, but I wanted to share some of my favorites from over the years.

Here are some of our conversations-
Ally, the day she was born in 2005

In the garden:
Auntie-Do you want to see the tomatoes?
Ally-Shaking her head yes.
Auntie-You cannot pick the green ones since they are not ready (last year she helped pick the red ones)
Ally-Ok, but I can still touch 'em?
Auntie-Yeah, that's ok.
Ally-What are these?
Auntie-Those are the sticks to help the plants stand up so they don't fall over
Ally-Oh (then she checked that each plant had one).

Ally, about 6 months old

After the garden:
Ally-You wanna play?
Auntie-Sure, what do you want to do?
Ally-You chase me and then I chase you.
Auntie-Sure. How do we do that?
Ally-I count to phree and you chase me. One, two, phree.......

Ally, wresteling with Uncle Jeff

On Aunties Swing:
Ally-I want to go faster.
Auntie-We can't, this is a swing for relaxing.
Ally-Oh, like for nit-nite?
Auntie-Well, if you really want to you can.


Ally & Zack after apple picking last fall

On Grandpy's Hammock:
Auntie-This is grandpy's you know.
Ally-Why?
Auntie-This is where he sleeps when he's bad.
Ally-(pondering my answer) Noooooo (with a big smile)
Auntie-Yeah, I know
Uncle Jeff-We are going for ice cream soon (letting us know out of the window)
Auntie-What kind of ice cream do you want?
Ally-I fink chocolate
Auntie-That's a good choice


Ally loving a cupcake a few months ago

4 comments:

The Sweet Family said...

What a great story. She is such a doll! I fink she is cute!

Thanks for sharing!

Jori said...

She is such a cutie! Sounds like you girls are great friends.:)

Kellan said...

She is A-dorable and that was an adorable post!

See you later - Kellan

Anonymous said...

How sweet...she is such a cutie and of course you know that I relate to these stories 100%!


Amy