Friday, July 11, 2008

How did I tell Jeff?

I took a home pregnancy test on Tuesday 7/1, Jeff's birthday. I wasn't expecting anything positive since the week before I had taken a test and it was negative. But I was going on almost a week late and I decided to take another test.

When I saw the word pregnant on my digital test, I was so excited. But the thing was, I couldn't tell anyone yet since I wanted Jeff to be the first to know. So, I waited all day to tell him since I didn't want to tell him through a text message or a phone call at work. This is just something you don't text, imagine that...we r preggers. Its just not the same.

Since it was Jeff's special day and I didn't have time to run to the store after work to pick something up to give him as a sign, so I decided to wrap up the second home test of the morning and give it to him as a gift. Yup, it was a clean one!

Jeff's special present

After we ate supper that evening, I told him he should open his gift. He was a little shy and said no, you already gave me a gift (at the party). I told him he better open it! I also mentioned that he was going to like it a lot. He nonchalantly took the box and opened it.

When he was opening it, he was slouched in his chair and as soon as he realized what it was he sat up straight and asked, really? He looked up at me and asked again. I said yup. He got up to hug me and said "about time".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just totally made me cry woman...what a sweet story. Thank you for sharing your special moment with us.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Amy

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Amanda! I think you know who I am and I just wanted to say that I am happy for you and Jeff.
It's the greatest gift we will ever receive in this life and I am sure Jeff and yourself feel the same way.

My happiness is with you both.

DDD

Kellan said...

What a darling story and great memory!

Have a great weekend - Kellan

The Sweet Family said...

What a great way to let him know!!! That is a fantastic b-day present.

I can't wait to see your preggo posts!!!

Thanks for sharing the most special moment of your life!!!