Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Lightning Struck Twice

I wish it was that easy, lightning strucking twice and then it would be done, but its not. But what did happen for the second time was another miscarriage. Yup, you read it right, I had another one. This time around I was 6 weeks, 3 days when the first time I was 6 weeks 4 days.


It happened so fast this time, it caught me off guard. It occurred early Sunday afternoon and by supper time, the severe cramps were done but the after effect had just started.


When it began I called the on-call doctor and she told me what to look for if it got bad and if it did, to go to the hospital. It didn't get that severe, but it wasn't a walk in the park either. So, I waited until the office opened yesterday morning and that's when the doctor wanted to start doing some tests.


After a very long and quite ultrasound, my worst fears were confirmed and indeed I had another miscarriage. For now, the doctor will test my blood type and see if there are any traces of an RH issues that would cause interfierance and see if that is causing the failed pregnancies. Then we wait a few cycles and start to try again. But before we officially start to try again, I want to meet with the doc and see if we can come up with some sort of solution before hand. We'll see.

But for now, I have to hold back punches to those who don't know what is going on when they ask "are you pregnant yet". You know the types. The ones who think they are your friends, but they are just acquaintances and if they were a friend, they would know what is going on. Yeah, those people. Its getting hard to take a deep breath, put a smile on your face and say, nope nothing yet (since its none of their business what is going on).

8 comments:

Chillygator said...

I've been a little bit lurking, but I just wanted to say I'm sorry. That really, really sucks )o:

katie k-h said...

I'm so incredibly sorry. My heart goes out to you and Jeff. You are completely right to get lots and lots of tests done before trying to conceive again. Sending you a hug and saying a prayer for you.

Katie

The Sweet Family said...

I am so sorry Amanda!

All of my prayers are reserved for you and Jeff today!!!

Take care.

Kellan said...

I'm so sorry, Amanda - I know this is a difficult thing - I too suffered a miscarriage right before I got pregnant with Alexis - it is a hard thing. I will keep you in my prayers, Sweetie. Take care - Kellan

Anonymous said...

Oh honey - my heart goes out to you. I am so sorry and I can not imagine what you are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Jeff.

Love
Amy

Amanda said...

Thanks to all of you!

Jori said...

I'm sorry Amanda! I know things will work out. Fertility issues are so difficult. I actually had a woman come up to me offering sex tips. Uh no thanks lady,we're good to go in that department. Honestly people can be SO LAME. Hugs to you.

Brooke said...

I wanted to leave a comment but didn't know what to say except for that I am truly sorry.