Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Pardon the Venting

Ok, I need to vent a little. Yeah, I vented with Jeff at supper, but I'm still fired-up around Zacks MOTHER. Please excuse the interruption of the happy go-lucky vacation stories. We are having a blast being here with Zack, but I can't stand HER.

I don't know where to start, so I'm just going to let my hands type-



His mom can't just make one phone call to find out whats going on. NO. She has to call a couple of times with questions she could have asked the first time she called. For example -On Saturday when we were waiting at the airport in Hartford, she called us. She wanted to check with times and the schedule for the next day. That would have been fine, but she had called the day before to ask the same questions! The thing was, her birthday was Saturday and I'm sure she wanted to see if Jeff would wish her a happy birthday (which he did because I reminded him, just to avoid any ill-feelings since she told me the month before when we were arranging the schedule).

She calls every day to talk with Zack. Which wouldn't be so bad if it was just ONCE a day. If she feels she couldn't say goodnight to him in an appropriate way, she'll call back about an hour later to do the same thing. The thing is, when SHE has Zack and Jeff tries to call him, her phone goes to voicemail (or she doesn't pick up), no one answers the home phone and she returns the call when she feels like it. She would have a fit if we ever did that to her (even though we are tempted we don't).

Also, we rented a convertible. Yes, we splurged but its our decision, its our money, its our little perk for HER moving to VA and making us come to VA to see Zack. So, when she makes a comment as she exits her car last Sunday "Oh, what a fancy convertible" in her jealous/envious voice that we both decided not to comment on, its like running fingernails down a chalk board for me.


Then on Monday we had to run by Zacks house to get his goggles. HER parents noticed our car. HER father said, oh look who makes the big bucks, how much did this run you?, what happened to the other car? Um, this is a rental I said, but they all made up their minds that we purchased this car. Then SHE mentions, oh its only a two seater (for the back seat) so you guys can only have one more kid. OK.....this is a rental and its none of her business how many kids we will have. I didn't even want to waste my breath after she made that comment so I just smiled.


Those are just a couple of things. I can go on and on about her and how she brain washes her child. That, I will save for a different time, but for now I appreciate you listening.


Please don't get me wrong. I love Zack. He IS my first child. He IS my step-son. I WILL do anything for him. I just can't stand his mother. She not only makes Jeff's life a living hell, I'm in on this ride too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey - you are completely and 100% entitled to have an opinion and to vent about it. Venting usualyl helps to calm the frustrating feelings. I am so sorry and as I believe I have mentioned before - I can relate. Peanut's mom is a bear. I know that last night Josh kept calling to wish her a happy b-day and shocklingly enough, was not able to get through. Go figure...it is typical and the brain washing behavior that you mentioned. It is hard not to stoop to their level and try to get even, but ya'll are doing a great job of taking the high road. I believe Zack will see that one day and apprecaite and respect you & Jeff for it! Hang in there sugar!


Smiles,
Amy

Anonymous said...

Ugh. But your blog is *exactly* the place to vent, my dear! Get it out.
Or, if you want to do it anonymously, do it here:
http://www.herbadmother.blogspot.com/
or here:
http://ranthaven.com/wordpress/
Other than that, it seems like you're having a wonderful vacation!