Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Yoga Class

Last night my friend Char and I started a 10 week session of pilate's yoga. Yes, sir! Warrior stance, here we come.


The classes lasts about an hour and half once a week for the 10 week period. I haven't done yoga since the holidays. So, I was pretty excited to start back up again.


I can't remember all of the poses we did since the evening flew by, but some were easy and then worked their way up to a great intensity. The main focus was on a moonbeam pose which consists of several individual poses and then we did each side 4 times. Phew, that was hard but refreshing at the same time.


Some of the other poses we did where the 5 Star, Warrior Stance, runners pose, upward facing triangle and so many others that I can't remember the names. Some I couldn't even do since they were so complicated, but I did my best.


So, I can't wait until next week to see what we do!

3 comments:

The Sweet Family said...

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I still use the relax technique when I go to bed at night!

Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

This post was so funny! And the pic to go along with it is purrrfect! You go...I've wanted to try a yoga class for years, but just haven't committed - maybe I'll try one soon! Keep me posted on how you like it :)

Kellan said...

Sounds fun - and funny! See you - Kellan