Sunday, June 1, 2008

Treasure Hunting

After breakfast this morning, it was agreed that my FIL, John, and I would go to the local flea market to walk around and look through all the "junk" (while my husband stayed behind to play his video game). That's what my FIL calls everything there, and most of it is, but you never know what you will find while sifting through the piles.


It was a beautiful morning, partly cloudy but still sunny with a breeze, to take a ride into the country and head to the flea market. We had nothing in particular we were looking for, but we had realized we hadn't been to the marked in well over a year so we were over due.


I told John I brought my camera to take pictures for my blog and as soon as I mentioned that, we were driving by a farm. He said I should take a picture of the cows and put it on it. I told him people have seen cows before, but just to humor him I did and here are the lucky cows. As soon as we pulled over and I snapped the picture, one of the cows started to run over to the fence. I felt bad we had to leave (and we had nothing to feed it) but it seemed like the cow was excited to have visitors.





This flea marked has been around for years. Its also humongous in size. There are items ranging from bootlegged movies to antiques to flowers/vegetables for your garden. The booths line up for a couple of miles and everyone is looking for something different. There were a lot of people there walking around with there bags filled with treasures. I can't tell you what I found since its going to be a gift for my parents anniversary (in July). So, you'll have to wait until then to see what I had found. Sorry dad, no hints!



John was looking for a screwdriver he could use a work (a long screwdriver with a sturdy handle he can bang things into place with and no worry about it breaking). He says he has brand new ones in his toolbox, but he doesn't want to ruin it. Ok, I said what ever works for you! So, he found one for a buck and he was so excited.




We were happy we decided to go this morning! It was a wonderful ride and a good time had by all. I'm sure we will be going again soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Flea markets are awesome! You can find some of the coolest things :) I can't wait to hear what you found for your parents anniversary!

The part about taking pics of the cows was pretty funny :)

The Sweet Family said...

I love flea markets. Sometimes you go and find the strangest things!

Have a great week!