Monday, July 7, 2008

My busy weekend

I know we had a long weekend, but mine just flew by. I was off Thursday - Sunday and I would love to have had one more day. But, its back to the daily grind today.

This weekend, I brought my mom back and forth to Boston to see my grandma. We were there Thursday and Saturday. Gram is doing much better and may go to rehab today or tomorrow. She was taken out of ICU early Thursday morning. Then on Saturday morning she was taken out of a room filled with machines to assist with her recovery to a "normal" room. So, things are going great with her.


Friday for the 4th, we had a little BBQ with Jeff, my FIL, my dad, my mom and me. It was nice to just sit around, eat and talk for a little while. We had the first round of sweet corn from our local farm and mmm, mmm, mmm, it was good. And of course hot dogs and hamburgers. After it was over, I just vegged on the couch.


Yesterday, was kind of zone out and walk through the mall day with my FIL. We spent a good couple of hours walking through stores looking for bargains. It was nice. Then I went out for a late lunch/early supper with Jeff. It was a great way to end a busy weekend.

2 comments:

Kellan said...

So glad things are going well for your grandmother!

Take care - Kellan

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the perfect holiday weekend...hope you enjoed the 4 days off the the fullest & happy to hear your grandmother is recovering quickly!


Amy