Monday, July 14, 2008

Take me out to the ball game.......

Last Friday night, myself and a bus load of employees headed to a Red Sox game against the Baltimore Oriels.

The main entrance to the park
My first mission, after arriving, was to buy a new t-shirt. My old one was out of style since it was a purple Red Sox t-shirt instead of the current blue or red ones. So, I decided to pick me up a new one. I know it was a splurge, but you gatta do it once and awhile. Also, I needed a new shirt to harass Jeff with since he can't stand the Red Sox.

Inside the main gates
My next mission (while taking pictures) was food. I didn't know what I felt like eating until I noticed someone caring a personal size pizza. Bingo! That was it. So, after picked up my dinner, it was time to scope out the seats.

Before game entertainment

This game, the seats were under the jumbo tron (pictured below) that is WAY out there in the out field area. The view of the field was pretty good from our seats. We really couldn't see any replays or in-between entertainment on the screen unless you turned around in the seats, but hey, it was still nice to be there.

After I found my seat, it was time to sit back and relax. The weather was a little cloudy, but it didn't matter since night fall was coming. The air was light and a cool summer breeze was flowing through the stadium. It was a beautiful evening to watch a baseball game on home turf.

View of the famous green monster
The game wasn't too exciting. There was an all-most home run, but it bounced back into play. There were a couple double plays, but nothing too spectacular. The Sox ended up losing 3-7, but it was still a great evening out.

So, while I was sitting there, I was thinking. As each of the Red Sox players walked to the batters box, a sort-of theme song would play. I'm not sure if ALL the home field teams do this since I've only been to a RS game, but my thought was this, if I was a baseball player what would by my introduction song be?

After much debating with myself, I came to the conclusion that it would be Yeah! by Usher. What would yours be?


View of the field from my seat

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun Friday evening! I'm happy to hear that the Orioles won a game (hahaha). I thought maybe we's see a pic of the new shirt too!

Love your song choice - that is a FAV of mine! My song would be Bon Jovi - Livin on a Prayer!!!

The Sweet Family said...

YEA O's!!! Love the O's.

Glad to hear you had a great time! I LOVE Baseball!!!

Kellan said...

Sounds and looks like so much fun!

Have a good evening - Kellan