Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Zack's New Bed

First here is some background information-

Last summer, I thought of an idea that would help make room for our baby (when ever that may be) and still accommodate my step-son so he doesn't feel like he’s being replaced. We would never replace him of course, but I want to *TRY* & erase those thoughts from his mother mind (she mentioned when my niece was born over 3 years ago that we can’t forget about Zack, ahh WTF!)

I came up with the idea that we add a sunroom onto the back of the house (where Zack's room is located) to make it a play room of sorts for the kids. I got my husband and FIL on board with this idea; we were making plans for the layout and just liking the idea of a little extra space too.

Then finances were brought up. We were trying to figure out how to afford the new room construction on top of new baby stuff. So, I went back to the drawing board to see how I can make this all work since we had a little extra time on our hands without being rushed to make a quick decision after the miscarriage.

Now back to a few weeks ago……..

My FIL brought up the notion that he wanted to look for a new mattress. It was ironic because the night before I had an idea that might work for the kid’s bedroom. I wanted to find some sort of bunk bed that had all of the essential furniture all-in-one unit. We went to all the local furniture stores pricing a mattress for him & this bunk bed of sorts for Zack.

Last Friday I decided to check-out in craigslist to check out what type of loft beds/all-in-one beds were posted. Jackpot! I found one last Friday for $400, I couldn't believe it! The cheapest I found in the stores was $680! So, I had chatted with the guy & we decided to go and look at the bed last Sunday.

I loved it the moment I walked in the room. I knew it was exactly what I was looking for, it was in great shape & the price was right! It was destiny!

I couldn't get a picture from ours since its so massive & I couldn't back up enough to take the picture in his room. This is almost exact, except the ladder is on the other side (where the skate board is located in this picture). It combines Zack’s bed, bookshelf (in the picture, its where the computer is, we have shelves for a bookshelf), dresser and even an extra bed in the event my niece ever sleeps over. I love it!

Now, I’m working on getting rid of all the extra furniture & for me to get pregnant again!

4 comments:

The Sweet Family said...

What a BIG BED!!! Zack is sure to love it!

Your a great step mom!!!!

The Sweet Family said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

That bed is awesome - you are so sweet...good things are headed your way - I just know it! Smiles! Amy

Brooke said...

I always wanted one of those growing up!! He is super lucky!! If I ever have to downsize, I am getting one of those and I get the top bunk. The husband and dog can have the trundle!