Thursday, April 24, 2008

Blank Screen

My mind has shut down right now from my busy day at work. My brain is tired from thinking about airport shuttles, Red Sox bus trips & NYC bus trips. Phew, I'm tired. So, I really haven't gotten a chance to think about what to write about today.

I was thinking of maybe talking about some updates on things that I wrote about in the past few weeks. So, here they are-

My parents are in their second week of quitting smoking. If you can imagine a line chart, my dad is the line that sky rockets up and my mom is the line that kind of hovers on the bottom of the chart kind of staying the same.

My mom is having a reaction to the medication. One of the side effects is upset stomach and she definitely has that feeling along with vomiting, so she isn't having as much success as she would have hoped. So, after she starts to feel better she is going to try the nicotine patches again.

My dad is doing awesome! He is slowly loosing the urge to smoke. He just has to keep himself busy, change his habits/routines and continue to leave his cigarette's in the car while at work to make an effort to retrieve them during the day. He leaves next week, Thursday, for his business trip & his goal to be done smoking by then. So, I hope he can achieve that or at least be very close!

I haven't gotten a chance to do the book exchange that I wrote about earlier this month. I really want to, but just haven't ordered my kit to set my books free in the world. Or even gotten a chance to scope out where books were left in my area. But, I will get to it and report about my experiences about the program soon.

Oh, I remembered to use my cloth shopping bag when I ran into the grocery store yesterday. Yeah! I forgot it when I ran into Walmart on Monday, but at least I'm one for one this week. Now, just to continue to remember the bag when I shop.

So, that's about it. Thanks for listening to my rambling on since I really didn't think of anything creative to write about since my mind is mush today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somedays it is hard to think about what to write OR if you have something you want to share - it is difficult to find or take the time :) This is a perfect post & thanks for the updates! I'm so happy to hear that your parents are doing well with quitting - props to them! And be proud of yourself for remembering your commitment to being green! Every little bit counts, even if it isn't every day! Smiles! Amy

The Sweet Family said...

YEA for your mom and dad!!! I know about quitting the smokes and I can feel for them.

Thanks for the reminder on the cloth shopping bag. I have one I received at Walmart last weekend for FREE and I surely don't want to forget that!!!

Have a fantabulous weekend!!!
Amy

Brooke said...

I saw the puppy pictures and got excited thinking you got new puppies. What a tease! They are so cute!!