Monday, April 28, 2008

My Little Helper

Saturday was a beautiful day (sorry to those who had rain) outside. The sun was out & shining brightly. What a wonderful day to do things outside.

My husband, me & my FIL were asked to watch my niece while her parents where busy with a family memorial. So, we had plans for that little girl! I had went out the week before to buy her own hat and garden gloves to help outside. Oh, they were so adorable I had to buy them even if she wasn't going to help while she did her own thing. I just had to get them. The garden gloves had Dora the Explorer on them and Disney Princess on the hat, both pink of course!

So, after she was dropped off in the morning, we all went out to breakfast & did some errands. While we were driving around, we were serenaded by my niece singing from the back seat. She got us all singing in the car & it was so much fun. We did a sing-a-long to twinkle twinkle, abc's & itsy bisty spider. It was so cute!

Then we returned home & headed to the back yard to spread mulch around my swing. My niece was a little confused about the gloves since it wasn't winter time, but she put them on & realized that they were to play in the dirt with. She helped me a little by "spreading" the mulch, but she would rather dig holes in the dirt next to my swing. Hey, what ever makes her happy!


After the mulch was spread, we sat on the swing and talked. Oh, I can't believe how grown up she is. She is almost 3 1/2 and she is such a big little girl. And recently she started calling me Auntie Amanda, but in her words "Auntie Mana". I love it! For the longest time I was only known as Auntie which made me happy, but I now love how she says my name.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love their little voices? And when they say something like "Auntie Mana" you just want to scoop them up and tell them how cute they are! Your niece is adorable and I'm sure she loved helping you all as much as ya'll loved singing along in the car - great memories - thanks for sharing!

The Sweet Family said...

How cute! I love her little pink gloves and hat.

She is just too cute for words!