Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Our March Visit

We have returned! We had a great visit with my step-son, Z, except for one itty, bitty thing.....my husband, J, and I came down with a pain in the ass sinus cold. Oh, how it sucked! Our cold came on quick and hard, so we felt miserable from Thursday afternoon and still feeling a little run down today. I didn't know how we would get through our weekend trying to be "normal", but we had to do it.

After we arrived in VA and Z was dropped off at our hotel, I found out he made a list of things for us to do. Great! Since all of my ideas would have involved traveling a little ways away or in loud locations, so my thoughts were what ever he thought of would be perfect and it was.

Z's list of things for us to do was-
  • in morning have breakfast in lobby
  • scott and ellies (ice cream parlor)
  • brookside (par 3 golf course)
  • driving range
  • pizza den
  • thunder valley (mini-golf)
So, there you have it. That was our list we had to complete and by golly, we did everything on that list. Including a few other things too. We went bowling, went to the park and shopping too. But it was very low key, but a great visit. Our next visit with him is in June over Fathers day weekend in MD. Its going to be a long couple of months not being able to see him!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Welcome back! I'm sorry to hear that ya'll got sick, but it looks & sounds like you had a great time :)

The Sweet Family said...

Welcome back. Minus the cold, it sounds like you guys had a great time!

I have a nasty sinus cold I am fighting now so I feel ya!

Smiles...