Friday, April 11, 2008

Remember the Troops!

My cousin from W. VA and her husband were married 10/31/2007. Her and her husband have been together forever and finally got married last year to make things official. At the wedding, we found out that her husband would be going to Iraq in January 2008.

What! How can this be? They are just getting married and starting their life together as a man & wife and the government is taking him away for almost a year?!?! He is due to return in November 2008.

I know its tough on both of them and I can't imagine what my cousin is going through! She is being a trooper (no pun intended) with her husband being away. She is expanding her culinary expertise, learning how to sew (making a quilt might I add) and just learning more about herself.

So, with this in mind, please keep my cousins husband in your prayers, thoughts, blessings and well wishes for a safe return home to his bride. Thanks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely will! I can't imagine what that must be like for them. They truly are strong people...Thank you for sharing this...when I was at the airport is Dallas last Friday there were TONS of troops there waiting on their plane to take them back over...I spoke with a few and it really makes you appreciate what they do every day to keep us safe :) TGIF & have a great weekend :)

The Sweet Family said...

I cannot imagine how he and she are doing as newlyweds apart. Prayers are coming their way!

Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Thank you...L