Thursday, April 17, 2008

Soapbox Rant

Today, I am going to stand on my soapbox to rant & rave about a couple of things that are bothering me today. I appreciate you listening!

#1. Gas prices, what the frick! Doesn't the government realize how much the constant jump of prices day after day is hurting the common person with no relief in site (yeah I know, that was a stupid question). I bet the people who can actually do something about it are sitting high and mighty, most likely getting a cut out of the millions of dollar bonuses that the fuel companies are making.

I can't believe that the other day I came home from work and noticed the gas was $3.18. The next morning it was $3.25. What?!?!? I just slumped in my seat and drove right on by. So, in less then a 24hr period, this station adjusted their price by 7 cents.

Yesterday while we were on the way to Vball, my husband got gas at $3.27. A few hours later after Vball, the cost was now $3.33. What?!?! In 3 hours, the gas prices jumped by 6 cents. OMFG!


#2. This morning on my way in to work, the temp was 37 degrees. The high for today is predicted to be in the 70's. So with that in mind, it was still pretty cold this morning. I was bundled up in my winter coat and even my gloves (the steering wheel was cold) with the heater on. I mean, its only 5 degrees above freezing.

So, as I drove to work (before I saw the gas price sign) I noticed a girl in a car next to me with her windows down and wearing a tank top. Um, its 37 degrees out. Hello! A few months ago I'm sure she would have been bundled up!

Then I noticed the kids walking to school in shorts and short sleeve shirts. Then in a few weeks they will wonder why they had pneumonia, anyways........

I don't know why this bothered me today, but I understand that at some point it will reach 70 something, but at that moment this morning, it was freakin' cold. I just don't get some people and their ways of thinking sometimes!


So, that is my soapbox speech for today. Thanks for listening and I feel much better. What's on your mind today?

3 comments:

The Sweet Family said...

I agree with you on the gas prices. I think it was the VA governor (don't wanna quote) stated that he wanted to lower gas prices for Memorial and Labor day. BIG DEAL!

You know what is going to happen, people are going to start giving their first born for gas prices! WHEW..

Anonymous said...

The station you drove by this morning is now up to $3.42 at lunch time.

Anonymous said...

Gas prices are ridiculous...I try not to even look anymore when I pull into the station, but let me tell you - I notice it when the receipt prints out! My cousin, who is a college student, recently had someone siphon the gas right out of her car! She got in to go home and was on E!

I think we are all so over the cold and rain that we are willing to be a little chilled in the mornings; a couple months ago I was in class & I think the high at that time was like 50 degrees & there were girls wearing flip flops and skirts...

Great post & TGIF!!!