Friday, April 18, 2008

I scream, you scream, we all scream for........

Ice Cream! I am so excited! We have a soft serve ice cream shop at the end of our street and it opened for the season yesterday. Oh, I was so happy!

The opening of "Mr Cone" means summer is around the corner. Also, it means I have easy access to many flavors of soft serve & hard ice cream. Its a summer time weakness of mine. I try to eat Ben & Jerry's during the cold months, but its just not the same. To me, ice cream means summer.

Also, my niece knows that ice cream is at the end of our street. The other day, while she was in the car with her Grandpy, they turned the corner to approach our street and she asked if they could get ice cream. Unfortunately, that was last Friday and they weren't open yet, but I'm sure the next time she will visit, we will be walking down the street for a yummy treat!

I should have snapped a picture yesterday with the huge lines, cars parked everywhere and the picnic tables jammed packed with others just as excited over the season opener as I am. I hope I can find the time this weekend to grab a cone with raspberry & vanilla twist. MMMMMM!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun! I love unique places like this...Ben & Jerry's isn't a bad compromise for the winter, but I bet Mr. Cone is awesome!!! So, did you get to try any yet?