Monday, April 14, 2008

I'm a God Mother

OK, not the fairy god mother type with a magic wand and a puffy dress. But the type that watches over a child to guide her towards the right path.

Myself and my husband were chosen to be god parents to our niece. I was so excited and honored to have been asked to do this.

I'm going to be honest, I'm not a huge church person so I don't know how much of a christian path I will lead her down, but I will give her advise and help guide her through life in general. I guess that's the best I can do.

Pictured here is the lovely bunch right after my niece was baptized by the holy water. The priest was a riot and definitely made it an enjoyable experience. We were all worried that she would freak out when the water would touch her head since she really didn't know what was going on, but she did wonderfully! Its like she was a pro. After the father in the picture is my husband, my niece, my BIL, SIL and me.
My niece and her cousin were baptized at the same time, so it made things easier for the family since the mothers of the children are sisters. So, it was a two for one so to speak.

Both kids were wonderfully behaved. My niece kept turning around and whispering to us in the barely any words coming out of her mouth kid whisper. It was so funny! Then her cousin who is a little over a year old kept making funny faces at myself and my husband and of course we did the same back.

Here is my niece (right after the ceremony) who really wanted to play with the candle that her auntie was holding while in front of the group after the priest lit from the Easter candle. I gave in of course after I put it back in its box. She continued to play with it during picture time.




After the event, it was back to my SIL sisters house to gather with friends and family. It was a great time. I'm glad for everyone things went so smoothly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cute is she? I love her curls :) It certainly has got to be an incredible feeling to be asked to be godparents & I'm positive you'll do a fabulous job...not everything in life has to do with church! Thanks for sharing your story and the pictures! Smiles ~ Amy