Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patty's Day

I am a tad bit 'o irish. I am a "mut" if you will, of ethnic background from my family. I don't mind it. When people ask me what "I am" I may rattle off the whole list, or I may just say a few. It all depends on my mood at the time.

Well, today is St Patty's Day. I'd like to share my favorite Irish poem. Yeah, its on a lot of collectables if you walk into an irish heritage store, but I like it. I have a blanket with this poem stitched into it and I love it so much, I don't use it. I don't want to ruin it.

May the road rise to meet you, May the wind be always at your back, May the sun shine warm upon your face, The rains fall soft upon your fields, And until we meet again, May God hold you In the palm of his hand.

Just remember, even if you aren't irish the rest of the year, you are irish on St Patty's Day. Celebrate responisbly and enjoy!

1 comment:

Deleted said...

Really nice, I like the poem. I to am part Irish. :)

Happy St. Pat's!!