Monday, June 30, 2008

Seeking Well Wishes


My grandmother found out today that she will need bypass heart coronary surgery. It was discovered she has 5 blocked arteries with one main artery that has several blockages in-a-row.

Grandma went to the hospital last Thursday 6/26 with chest pains. She was in the middle of her bowling league and found her self short of breath, weak, pain in her arms and chest pains. So, right away my Grandpa Chuck drove her to the hospital. She was admitted and many tests have been run to see why she was having the chest pains.
The first thought was her blood pressure was too high. Grandma thought nothing of it. She failed her stress test and knew she was going to have a catheter test done today. She thought that she would have a stint put in through the procedure and she would be back to bowling in no time. Well, the news she heard today knocked everything out of her.

She is at a local hospital at the time being, but we are all waiting to hear when she will be transported to the Lahey Clinic near Boston (an hour and 1/2 away) for her surgery. We don't know when her surgery will be either so we are all waiting by the phone. I know she will be in good hands at the Clinic since that is where my husband and FIL had their liver transplant done.

So, over the next couple of days, please send your good thoughts, prayers and well wishes to her for a complication free surgery and quick recovery. I would really appreciate it! I will post updates when I know them. Thank you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will certianly keep your grandmother in my thoughts. Please keep us posted on her surgery and successful recovery!

Smiles,
Amy

The Sweet Family said...

I will keep your grandmother in my thoughts and prayers.