Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Throw in the towel, your done!


Tonight was our volleyball play-offs. Yup, 10 weeks of play have passed us by in a blink of an eye. I really didn't talk about our stats or competitions this time around since I really wasn't into it this session.


I'm not 100% sure why I wasn't buy maybe it had something to do with one of my teammates. I had the guy that mostly everyone dislikes in the legue, so that brought the energy of the team down to start with. Also, I missed a couple of nights due to the opportunity of some over-time and a hair appointment, but besides that I just wasn't feeling it this time around.


But, with that said my team ended up tying for 4th place for tonight's play-off. My team was tied with Jeff's. So, we had to battle it out to see who placed in 4th & 5th. On tournament night, we play the best 2 out of 3 games, playing up to 11 points (instead of 15 points during the other weeks). So, we matched up and my team lost 2 games in a row. Oh, well! So, our standings for the end of the session was Jeff's team 4th place, my team 5th place. At least we weren't last (there are 6 six teams).


Jeff really didn't want to play either, but his team kept advancing. He kept waiting to lose, but his team kept beating the other teams until it was his team against the first place team to see who would be the winners of this session. He wasn't expecting that. After Jeff was now head on head with the first place team, he figured he would put in the effort since they have a 50/50 chance of winning overall.


His team went on and beat the first place team, 2 games in-a-row! Nice! So, they are the champions. They all won a $25 gas card! Sweet!


Volleyball is now over for us until the fall since we play in a middle school's gymnasium and within a few weeks school will be over and the gym closed. So, we are hanging up our volleyball shoes for now and concentrating on other things for the summer like golf, bike riding, yoga and video games. I had to put that last one in for the hubby!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on a successful season - win or lose it is fun to get out there and be competitive! I look forward to hearing about your summer choices of activites! :)

Amy