Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Its go time!

Two years ago this morning, the family (brother-in-law, sister-in-law, my husbands sister, my father-in-laws brother, my mom, me and of course my father-in-law and husband) all met in the waiting room in the clinic to get ready to head to the designated area for the surgery.

When we were all there, we all calmly headed to the waiting room. My husband and father-in-law checked in at the reception desk and didn't have to wait too long before being called in. The nurse told them they could bring one person each in with them while they get prepped. They gave their hugs and kisses and my husband had me go with him and my father-in-law took his older son with him.

While they changed into their gurneys, my brother-in-law and I waited in a hallway for them. After they changed, we caught some pictures. My brother-in-law said it was for before and after photo's of my father-in-law. At least we were all joking around before the surgery.

As each one was called in for prep, we really didn't have too much time. It went by in a blur. I didn't want to be in the room while they put my husbands IV's and other tubes in him, so I left the room to check on my father-in-law. He was chatting with his son. After a couple of minutes, I went back to see my husband and he as all set. Then next thing was some shaving around the stomach area and he was all set to go. The nurse took care of the shaving, we kissed, said our I love yous and it was time. I walked out of his room and my brother-in-law was walking out of his. They were ready, were we?

As we walked out of the prep area, I took a deep breath and said to myself, its go time. We walked through the double doors where everyone else was sitting. We gathered everyone up and headed to the family waiting room. It was going to be a long day!

My father-in-law and brother-in-law


Me and my husband

No comments: