Saturday, June 7, 2008

Happy Fathers Day *EARLY*

I know, I know its a week early, but I had to celebrate it early for my dad and the other father's in my life (like my husband, FIL & BIL). Jeff and I will be out of the area for father's day next weekend (we will be in MD celebrating my grandfather's birthday and of course father's day with him) and I didn't want to miss out on celebrating for everyone here.

I decided to have a little BBQ with hot dogs and burgers. The classic BBQ. We didn't have anything too fancy, just some time sit outside, enjoy our lunch, gossip and enjoy every one's company. We did miss my niece and SIL since they were visiting with her family. Oh well, there is always next time for them to join us!


So, to my dad....happy father's day early. I wish I could show you the gratitude for everything I have learned from you over the years. You've taught me respect, loyalty, gratitude and most of all love. I know mom is in there somewhere too, but you will always be my daddy. I will always be daddy's little girl. People tell me how lucky I am to be able to see my father every day (at work) and you know what, I am. I know sometimes I'm busy and we can't chat as much as we would like, but at least we get those few minutes to chat daily. I really appreciate you. Thanks dad!

*sorry for the heart-attacks for those who thought you missed fathers day

3 comments:

Brooke said...

You nearly gave me a heart attack when I read your title. I thought for sure I had forgotten and not called my dad yesterday! Whew!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, so the comment already posted is hysterical! HAHAHA!

I'm glad you enjoyed the special dads in your life this weekend and PS - you look so much like your dad!

Smiles,
Amy

The Sweet Family said...

I think it is nice that you were able to grill and sit outside.

Here you would melt for sure!

Glad you enjoyed your Father's Day celebration!!!