Sunday, June 29, 2008

She can't make up her mind

Yesterday morning, my husband was out golfing and my FIL was working. I did a few errands myself, moving at my own pace with no worries. I remembered at the end of my list of things to do, my mom mentioning that she wanted to go to one of the local parks to walk around and take pictures one of these days. I figured it was a bright and sunny day, perfect for pictures.


So, I called my mom while I headed home to see if she wanted to spend a little time in Szot Park today. The conversation went like this:


Me-I was wondering if you wanted to go to Szot Park, walk around & take pictures today since the boys aren't home.
Mom-Oh, your father just got home (from doing his errands) and I don't know what he wants to do yet. Oh, I'm sorry.
Me-Its OK, I just thought it was a nice day and you were talking about it the other day. Maybe we can do it the weekend after the 4th.
Mom-Sure, that sounds really great. Yeah, lets do it then.


So, after chatting about a few other things the conversation ended. About a 1/2 hour later after I had gotten home, the phone rings. Its my mom with conversation #2:


Mom-OK, I'm ready
Me-For what?
Mom-To go to the park for pictures (in a very excited voice)
Me-You said no and I'm home working on my blog (yesterdays entry)
Mom-Oh, OK (in a very disappointed voice)
Me-Hey, you said no earlier
Mom-Its OK (in a very disappointed voice, like if she was standing in front of me, she would be giving me the puppy dog eyes)


So, after we hung up, I sat there starring at the computer screen. I took a deep breath, closed my eyes and thought to myself, ugh! I picked up the phone and called her back. And that's how conversation #3 started:


Me-Fine, get ready.
Mom-Really?
Me-Yeah, give me 20 minutes to finish up and I'll be over to pick you up
Mom-Oh, OK (now back in the original excited voice)


So, after the back-and-forth of yes, no, yes, we headed off to a small park in our hometown to walk around and take pictures. I'd like to share with you some of the photo's I captured.




Even though, it was very uncertain the whole thing might not have happened with the whole back and forth game we were playing, I'm glad in the end that we both convinced each other to go. I had a wonderful time!

4 comments:

jen721 said...

I have those same conversations with my mom. They really know how to guilt trip! My mom could write a book on it.

floreksa said...

Very cool pic with the flower!!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA! Great story - that is so funny! I can totally relate :)

The pictures you took are so good. Did you use one of your b-day presents??

Swistle said...

I love how the photos look in those 4-packs you made!

My mom---ack! We have the same kinds of conversations. Where I'm like, "But YOU SAID...I mean, this is because YOU...okay, fine."