Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Phew! Its Hot!

New Englanders welcomed our first heat wave of the season this week, and officially its not even summer. We have 10 more days until we welcome summer. Our heat wave started on Saturday and continued to get worse as each day passed.

Today, temperatures hit 100 in areas and had high humidly. Is it me, or did it seem to come upon us especially fast this year? We went from a cool Spring to a hot, sticky and humid late Spring in the blink of an eye.


Jeff and my FIL were able to put our Air Conditioners in our windows yesterday for some relief at home. I usually don't like AC, but on certain days, I welcome it like its royalty arriving for a visit. I figure when I sweat walking from my office to my car, its definitely AC time.


The one's I truly feel bad for are those who have to work outside or don't have the luxury of AC in their work environment, like my husband & FIL. Jeff and my FIL work in a machine shop and they have to count down the minutes before they can leave to go home to cool off. Granted there is an office with AC they can go into and have a brief break, but that to me (and them) is a form of torture, making things worse.


I can't wait for it for the humidity to "break" as they say around here. There are rumors that it should "cool" down starting tomorrow, but I don't believe those who predict the weather as mush as some do.

2 comments:

The Sweet Family said...

This heat wave is really getting on my nerves! We have had our A/C on for over a week now. UGH!!!

Try to stay cool! If your heat wave is anything like ours, you will feel like its Winter all over again; stuck in the house!

Anonymous said...

The heat is so un-seasonable! I'm ready for a brak too and I think today is already cooler. It is amazing what a difference a few degrees can make! We def did not have a normal spring that is for sure and to have this July/August summer weather here already is just - TOO SOOn!

My dad and bro work outside as well...I always feel bad for them when it is this hot...they are EXHAUSTED by the end of the day. Keep cool sweetie :)