Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Smell of Rain

How could I have forgot this on my summer favorite list? I mean, it may have been since it wasn't raining the day I created the list, but hey everyone is allowed a brain slip once in awhile, right?

So, I love the smell of a soft rain in the summer. The type of rain storm where the birds are still outside chirping away or bouncing from puddle to puddle. The kind where there is no threat of thunder storms or sever weather. Its the kind where the smell catches your senses and it just brings you to your favorite outdoor spot. I mean, its so invigorating it makes you stop, close your eyes and you automatically take a deep breath and your imagination runs wild.

The scent is so specific, I couldn't even find a candle at Yankee Candle to capture the it.

I know sunny days and smiles go hand and hand during the summer, but there is also something about a summer shower that does wonders to someones day.

Today at work, I walked into a room where the windows were open and the smell just took me away for a spilt second and it was wonderful. If I could add an eleventh thing I love about summer, it would be the smell of a summer rain shower.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say you can add as many things that you love as you want. This always happens to me as well after I make some sort of list and I completely agree about the smell of the rain...it is fresh and sort of peaceful...great post...made me smile!

Kellan said...

I do too - also one of my favorite summer things!

Have a good weekend - see you soon - Kellan