Saturday, June 28, 2008

Cel-a-bration Time, Come on!

Last night, was my husbands & my combo birthday party. Yeah I had a little cheesecake on my birthday last week and (don't tell Jeff) he will have a little cake on his actual birthday next week too (his is 7/1), but last night was the gathering birthday for everyone to come together and eat yummy cake.

Our usual birthday party grub is pizza and cake. Hey, its simple and everyone loves both so we can't go wrong. Once-in-awhile we throw in a BBQ, but its much easier after work to pick up a cake and a party size pizza.

This party's cake theme was, get what you want! We found a delicious bakery that makes to-die-for cakes. I wanted a lemon cake, but I knew Jeff wouldn't eat it (since "fruit doesn't belong in a cake") so I had a brain storm, let everyone pick out their own slice and everyone will be happy.

The only hard part is the bakery doesn't have a to-go menu of all the cakes and they give a VERY brief list of flavors on their website, so everyone gave a brief description of what they wanted (except my dad, even before I could finish asking him what kind he wanted he said peanut butter & chocolate....ok, he is a man who knows what he wants!).

My mouth waters just looking at the collage of cake slices below. The cookie monster cupcake was for my niece, then starting in the front going clock-wise is double chocolate (my FIL couldn't finish it, he let my niece help him), peanut butter & chocolate, lemon, raspberry, carrot cake & then 3 more peanut butter & chocolate. Next time I'm at the bakery, I will take a picture of the display case. They have so may flavors to choose from, its amazing!



As soon as my niece, Ally, noticed her cupcake, she was ready to dive in. She never made it to the actual cupcake part, but how she loved that blue frosting. At one point, she looked like she had clown make-up on she smushed her face so far into the surgery-goodness.


So, thanks again for the presents! Jeff can't wait to play his new video game, spend his money and go to his comedy show. I can't wait to read all my new books, try out my new camera gadgets and spend my money too!

3 comments:

Kellan said...

Happy Birthday to your husband and to you!

Have a good weekend - Kellan

Anonymous said...

What a fun way to celebrate your birthday's and you are toally right about PIZZA and CAKE! What a cool cake idea BTW & the cupcake looked awesome - glad ya'll had a good time and have fun shopping with the b-day money!

Smiles,
Amy

The Sweet Family said...

Happy Birthday to you both!!! It sounds like you had a great celebration!!!