Thursday, May 29, 2008

They Have Arrived

It was discovered on Sunday, we have two twin baby birdes outside our back door. I mentioned we had a mama bird in a nest earlier this month and now we welcme the babies.


In less then a week, they have gotten so big. They went from little wet feathered babies, to teenagers. I noticed this morning the mama bird wasn't sitting on her babies and I'm assuming they did something to make her mad. Then this afternoon, I heard these little chirps coming from our back porch. I peeked out the door and sure enough, it was those itty-bitty birds calling for mama.

I was able to snap a photo while mama bird was out looking for supper. I can't believe how big they got. I'm just amazed at all the animal interactions we have living in the city. I'll share another time the weird animal encounters we've had here. But for now, I'm tickled to be able to look out my back door, stand on my tippy-toes and see mother nature at her best taking place right before my eyes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awh how cute and sweet! What a perfect addition to your porch for the spring time :)