Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Christina & Marks Wedding

My cousin Christina had her fairy tale wedding take place on Sat 5/24. The weather was fabulous, she couldn't' have ordered it better out of a book. The sky was clear (there was times where clouds rolled in, put they passed right on by) and the sun was out. There was a breeze in the air, which added to the sunny day.

She had 16 people in her wedding party, not including the 3 flower girls and 2 ring bearers. The maid of honor was Christina's sister Toria and the best man was Mark's (the groom) brother.

The wedding took place in a Polish church which is pictured below. The church was beautiful. The mass was given in English & Polish since his side of the family still speaks fluent Polish.

The two ring bearers did so well during the ceremony. They marched down the isle with no problems. The handsome little devil on the left is my cousin Mylo and the other adorable gentlemen is Tyler, the grooms nephew.

All 3 flower girls are my cousins. They are from left to right, Molly, McKenzie & Felicity. All 3 girls did wonderfully while walking down the isle. They stole the show. Aren't they adorable?

My cousin Christina and her new husband Mark, just minutes after they were married. They rented their own vehicle while we had our limos (the girls in one, the guys in the other) to whisk us away for pictures. The pictures were taken at Stanley Park, about half hour away from the church in the flower garden.
I just have to tell you one quick story about the pictures........the photographer lined the entire party in front of a fountain that was in the flower garden, the girls on one side, bride & groom in the middle, then the guys on the other side. We were all standing there and you remember that breeze I told you about earlier? Well, that breeze had shifted the spray from the fountain and sprayed the backs of all the girls (including me). All of us sighed so load at the same time and it was so cold. I wonder if the photographer caught the picture right then and there? I can imagine what our faces looked like!

I love this picture of the newlyweds! This is inside their special vehicle before heading off to pictures.
All the lovely girls (including Mylo) lined up at the reception waiting for a dance to start.

Oh, look at that! The best looking couple in the place! Hey, I had to put this on in there! Its me and my husband of course.
I think this was the best part of the wedding (well, besides the stuffed shrimp). My cousin Marissa, as a present, danced her Irish step dance for the bride and groom. I thought it was a wonderful gesture. The grooms side was showing a lot of the Polish traditions and I am happy that Marissa wanted to show some of our traditions as well. She kicked ass. I never got a chance to see her in competitions because of schedule conflicts.


The bride & groom are off on their honeymoon in Bermuda or the Barbados (forgive me, I can't remember exactly where). I hope they relax and get much needed R&R since they have a little boy on the way!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful wedding! I'm so happy that the weather was nice too...the pic of you and the mister is great & the ones of the flower girls and ring bearers are adorable! Wedding are so much fun & it looks like this day was no exception to that rule!!!

The Sweet Family said...

What a great picture of you and your husband and son.

It looked completely amazing. The ring bearers and flower girls are adorable.

Thanks for sharing the pictures!!!