Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Whats in a Name?

The other day when we were all trying on our dresses for the upcoming wedding, my cousin Christina was called 4 different names in a period of 20 minutes. I called her Christina, my aunt called her Missy, her sister called her Tina and her nieces called her Auntie.

So, this got me thinking off all the nic-names I've had throughout my 28 years. Yes, there are some I am not proud of & definitely will not mention. But I wanted to share some of them with you (well, the ones I can remember). I will also try and match them with the family member who game it to me too for some added fun.

My official name was almost Mandy. My parents decided to name me Amanda so I can have an option to either be called Amanda or Mandy.

My official name is Amanda
My family calls me Mandy
My dad used to call be Beeper
My dad STILL calls me Mander
My grandpa has called me Maggie all my life (it started as Magnolia Blossom when I was born, and now its just Maggie)
Some friends call me Manda
Aunt Virg still calls me Ladybug (no idea why, but I think its cute)
My niece calls me Auntie Mana (and I hope it doesn't change because I love it)
My husband calls me qt (by text of course, cutie for those who don't read text)

So, if you are around and you hear someone call out one of these names, it could be for me! Hey dad, did I miss any?

2 comments:

The Sweet Family said...

Nic names are fun. I don't know if I could remember all of mine or not.

Neat post!!!

Anonymous said...

How sweet - I love nic names...they are such a cool way to express endearment - ya know? Only people who are CLOSE to you and really know you - know why they call you that, which to me is very special! I enjoyed reading this - made me think of all my names...maybe I'll share :)