Saturday, May 3, 2008

The Circus is in Town

We went to the circus today! It was me, my husband, my BIL, my niece & my FIL (my SIL had to attend to other family business, sorry Sarah). Thanks to my husbands company, we got free tickets to go. His company donates money to the Melha Shrine Circus (the circus is part of a children's hospital in our area) and in turn he receives tickets to hand out to his employees.

As we were driving to the circus, I let my niece use my camera. Here is the people she rode with in Auntie's van through her eyes.



Her Daddy

Uncle Jeff (my husband)

Auntie Mana

Ally (my niece) & Grandpy

My niece had no idea where she was going, only that a surprise was waiting for her. When we walked into the arena, she really didn't say anything but was looking around at all the people, food, animals (there was elephant and horse rides before the show, but we were too late to participate) and all the other sites to see.We made it to our seats just in time for the show to start. Here are some more pictures that she took during the show.

The elephant act

A self portrait

Grandpy (the guy in blue)

Her daddy

Intermission Horse Rides


Setting up for the Tiger Performance

The show was great! It had a trapeze act, clown shows, a tiger performance, balancing acts, roller skating performance, elephant acts and so much more. It was really a great time. Also, the cotton candy and popcorn were a treat too. It was fun watching my nieces reaction to all the different things. We all had a wonderful time.

3 comments:

The Sweet Family said...

What fun! I loved seeing my kids faces the first time at the circus!

Her pics are so cute. It is truly amazing to see what their eyes capture!

Sounds like you had a great weekend!!!

Roses Are Red, Violets are Violet said...

what I wouldn't give to have those curls!!! People pay good money for that! ::LOL::

Anonymous said...

This is a cool post and I love how you used the pictures that your niece took! It looks like ya'll had a great time!