Monday, May 19, 2008

The Big Apple

What a beautiful day we had this past Saturday in Manhattan. My mom, husband, his friend & me went on a bus trip with the college.

The first picture is the view from the highway of Manhattan. The second is just a view of the city as we make our way to the departure location.

Jeff & his friend started off on their own to shop and people watch. They went into every electronic store they could find around Times Square and then went in to the ESPN Zone for a beer and appetizer. Then they met up with us.
Times Square

My mom & I started off shopping at Macy's (for my mom's outfit for the wedding this Sat). After that was taken care of, we headed uptown and found ourselves in Bryant Park (near the library) and decided to sit and enjoy the sights for awhile.

Before my husband & his friend met up with us at the park, I got hit on by a homeless man. Yeah, not my proudest moment. The situation went like this....I am sitting at one of the outside tables behind the Library Cafe, my mom is off getting a coffee at a vendor at the other end of the park & I see this gentlemen talking to a couple at another table. Next thing I know he is approaching my table and asks me how I am. I responded fine and you? Then he said good and asked me for some change to do something (I really don't remember what it was) and I told him my mom has all of the spare change (I didn't want to pull money out of my pocket, being by myself). Then he said he'd be back and I said ok. Next thing I know he asks me what I was doing later. Um, OMG I said to myself. I told him, Um going home with my husband.....he starts chocking and walks away never to be seen again. Phew!


Bryant Park
Then after everyone meets up at the table we head up a few more blocks to eat. We decided to eat at Planet Hollywood in Times Square. I wasn't impressed, but the food was ok. The music was playing so load and the waiter didn't hear my order correctly and brought me what he thought I said. No matter, I wanted a BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger & I got a Bacon Cheeseburger. At least I got something almost the same rather then ordering a burger and he bring me chicken figures.

After we ate, we split up in groups again and did some more shopping. Mom & I went to Barnes & Nobles (I stocked up on books!), American Girl and Crabtree and Evelyn all on 5th Ave. The boys went to Best Buy and ended up in Starbucks.


Rockafeller Plaza, off of 5th Ave

So, overall it was a lovely day. The weather was gorgeous too!

No comments: