Thursday, May 22, 2008

A good book, cup of tea and a cozy blanket!

I have been thinking of my favorite book list for some time now. I have been adding, removing, putting books back on the list and now I have finalized it (well, for now anyway). My list of favorite books (not in a specific order since that would have taken me longer to organize it) is.......
  1. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
  2. Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
  3. Something Blue by Emily Griffin
  4. Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner
  5. Wish Club by Kim Strickland
  6. My friend Leonard by James Frey
  7. Dog Handling by Clare Naylor (its not about dogs, its about guys)
  8. The Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards
  9. The Secret Life of Bee's by Sue Monk Kidd
  10. Skipping Christmas by John Grisham

I love to read. It takes me away into my imagination, far, far away. Sometimes I can't get enough. I am so passionate when it comes to a good book, its hard to put it down.

When I walk into a books store, weather it be Barnes & Noble or a used book store, I am like a kid in a candy store...I want it all. I get a sugar rush just being in the store. The other day when I walked into B&N, I couldn't get past the first table in the store without picking up 3 books before I actually walked into the store. Of course I put one back since I found different book further into the store, but hey at least its a good obsession right?

So, do you have any favorite books? Any suggestions that I can add to my B&N wish list?

1 comment:

Jori said...

I LOVE Skipping Christmas. Good choice! I recently read Life and Death in Shanghai by Nien Cheng. I thought it was fascinating. Have you read The Glass Castle? It's great too.