Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Um, sure I'll try it!

I tried the Apple Martini! I did, I did! I ordered it at my cousins wedding and actually started a trend with the wedding party. After I ordered first (since everyone was shy to order), everyone took my lead.

The drinks arrived, took my first sip and woe-wee it was strong. I wasn't the only one thinking so either. I finished the drink, but I didn't enjoy it. I'm not sure if it was the brand of vodka or maybe too much, but I will try it again at another location. I will not give up on the Apple-tini!


So, I ordered a few Kahlua and Milks that evening after my experimentation with the apple-tini. While I was sitting at the head table with my new friend, Eva who was in the wedding party too, she asked if I had tried a Scooby Snack drink. I slowly shook my head no thinking back did I ever try one, but to my knowledge I haven't tried one or even heard it. So, she told me what was in it and I said, bring it on.


The recipe for "Scooby Snack" is -


Serve in a Collins Glass






1 oz Malibu Coconut Rum

1 oz Midori Melon Liqueur

1/2 oz Pineapple Juice

1/2 oz Whipped Cream

Pour ingredients over ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake until blended, pour into a rocks or old-fashioned glass, and serve.


While Eva explained to the waitress what was in it, she requested that all three liquids be equal amounts (instead of 1/2 oz pineapple juice, make it a 1 oz) and we didn't have whipped cream.


Well, the first sip had a kick too it and a little getting used to all those different flavors together, but overall, it is definitely something worth trying. I might order it out sometime, but I wouldn't put it on my lists of drinks that I have to have when the moment is right. But, maybe you would enjoy it. I thought it was interesting!

3 comments:

The Sweet Family said...

I think bartenders at weddings choose to be "free-er" with the liquor since it isn't their bar! I don't drink so it just doesn't sound appetizing. However, love the cute little names.

When I did drink, my fav drinks were the tequilla sunrise and sex on the beach.

Anonymous said...

I believe your apple-tini must have had too much of the alcohol in it - a little vodka goes a long way...alot makes it taste like cough syrup!

The Scooby drink sounds perfect for the beach! I'll have to give it a try :)

jen721 said...

I love Scooby snacks! One of my favorite drinks. I have never had one with whipped cream though. I'll have to give it a try.