Friday, February 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!




Today is my mom's birthday. I won't revel her real age since she would kill me, but lets just say she's in her early 50's, but getting closer to her mid-50's. I did tell her the other day she was really close to 60, but she still has a few years before she gets there. I love to pick on her!

She was born in Wyoming and is the oldest of 10 brothers and sisters. When she was in her late-20's she was diagnosed with Non-Hoskins Lymphoma Cancer. I was 6 years old. My mom had a 30% chance of living and she overcame her biggest obstacle. I learned early that I am blessed to have her in my life each day. I feel bad I don't tell her that enough that I am grateful to have her as a mother, but I think she knows.

The Cancer left her with a muscle and nerve disorder that the doctors really don't know what it is. The disorder causes her muscles and nerves to become weak and painful. But with this in mind, she takes each day as a challenge and a blessing and doesn’t let her disability get in the way of her life. She is my inspiration to live my life to the fullest. She also is my NYC travel partner and we are trying to go every Spring on a day trip to explore Massachusetts oldest towns. We have tons of fun!

Tomorrow we are going to have pizza and cake for her. The cake sounds so yummy. Its chocolate cake with three layers and peanut butter is in-between each layer. Mmmmmm!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awh...what a sweet post...it is nice to be reminded not to take our parents for granted! Happy Friday & of course you can borrow the Q&A from my blog sugar! That is what it is for :)