Monday, February 25, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away......


We found out around 2pm that the race yesterday was delayed due to rain. So, after my husband and I settled on our couches he found golf to "watch" (I wouldn't really call it watching, but it was on TV while I read my book and my husband slept on the coach) while we waiting for the rain to stop in CA.

Before supper we checked on the race and still a delay. After supper I checked again and it looked promising as the raceway was being dried by NASCARS version of a pavement dryer. But, there was no talk about it starting any time soon. So, I popped in a movie (It was invasion and it was OK).

After the movie I check back and there was still no racing. But, I noticed the announcers were talking about how everyone raced 21 laps and there was a huge crash. Of course now, I really wanted to see the crash and see what all the hype was about. Finally they showed a re-run of the crash and it was pretty significant and everyone was OK. We turned it back on just in time to see the drivers getting back in their cars and Jimmy Johnson and Jeff Gordon check out the track.

Then the race starts and there are countless cautions. Well, we gave up about about lap 60 something to get into our Sunday night routine of getting ready for work. Then right before bed we tried to find the race and we found out it was rain delayed again.

I think its funny how in my household we base our Sunday (and even sometimes Saturdays) around a race. I'm just glad I wasn't at that race!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could not imagine being at that race!!! It is nice to be at home when it's raining and surf the channels while you wait :) Hope ya'll had a great weekend & I understand completely about planning the wknd around the RACE!