Friday, February 29, 2008

Home Sweet Home


Before the transplant, the doctors predicted the length of stay for my husband and father-in-law. It was said, my husband would be in the hospital for a week and my father-in-law would be in for about two weeks.

My husband came home 6 days after the transplant on Sunday 3/5/2006. He was still tired (he just wanted to sleep all the time, I guess his body was busy rebuilding his liver) and not eating a lot, but he was getting better each day.

My father-in-law came home 8 days after the transplant on Tuesday 3/7/2008. He was feeling so much better! While he was in the hospital he was hoping out of bed, doing laps around his nurses station, he wouldn't sleep since he was feeling so good, he just wanted to get up and go. Since he progressing so well, the doctors felt he should go home. There was no sense in him staying in the hospital with a risk of a viral infection from another patient or visitor.

Things were looking great! Until one evening my husband calls me into the bathroom and says "this doesn't look right".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those are some serious battle scars :) I can't wait to hear where this goes next...it's a good thing you didn't try to sum this up in one post...have a wonderful weekend :)