Friday, February 15, 2008

Mental Health Day

I guess when your boss and co-workers urge you to take a day off, well I'm not going to argue. The last couple of days have been rough and even though I could make it through the day at work, its also best to take time for yourself as a mental health day.

I don't know the best way to say why I'm at home, sitting in my bathrobe with my slippers on while I write this, but here it goes.

The nasty doctor was right. I had a miscarriage. It started Wednesday night, the worst was yesterday and it seems to be coming to an end today. I know its a part of natures way of letting me know things were not developing correctly, but I just wish the doctor had more compassion instead of being so blunt and nasty about what was going to happen.

Now we wait for my body to adjust and return to "normal" (I use the normal word loosely, because normal is so boring) and then we start to try again.

The hardest part is of course losing the baby, but now we have to tell our friends and family what just happened.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Amanda; I'm happy there is some solace for you in knowing that everything wasn't ok so nature stepped in, but I can't imagine how you feel. My thoughts are with you and I'm sure it won't be long before you will be telling your family and friends about the little one on the way again. Blessings to you sweeite :)

katie k-h said...

(found your blog through Amy's..."watts up")

I am so, so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I can't imagine the pain and sadness that you are feeling, especially since you have wanted a baby for so long.

God will pick the PERFECT time for you to have a baby; it's just really hard (really, really, really hard) to see that through the tears right now. Enjoy your time with your sweet husband, find a beautiful book to read, get a manicure and a pedicure, go out to dinner with girlfriends, treat yourself like a princess and do all the things that are hard to find time for when you have a baby.

Your baby is waiting for you, God is still working out the perfect plan for you and your husband.

Hugs,

Kate

katie k-h said...

P.S. I'd start looking for a new doctor, ASAP!! Maybe even a midwife because they can do all the regular stuff, too. You did not deserve to be treated that way. There's no way I'd want that md delivering my baby with that bedside manner, or lack thereof...