Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Picking the Transplant Day

My father-in-law wanted to wait until after my husband's and my July wedding before doing the transplant. This is why he agreed to have my husband go through all the tests and prep when he did so everyone could be ready for when the time came.

Well, my father-in-law and I went to his follow-up appointment in February 2006 and his doctor told him that the transplant should be done earlier then planned because they cannot predict my father-in-laws health in 6 months later. His health wasn't decreasing fast, but there were things slowly getting worse. He was retaining water again with no help from meds and he developed another hernia.

Since my husband was now approved to donate part of his liver, it was up do the doctor to say when the transplant would happen.

So, the doctor said it would most likely be happening in March. It all depends on when the surgeons are available. That night the three of us were taking bets to see who can pick the date of the transplant. Let me just say, we were all wrong!

No comments: