Thursday, February 21, 2008

Its When?!? What?!?!

My husband received a phone call at work from the clinic on Friday 2/17/2006 that the transplant will be done on Wednesday 3/1/2006. He called me right away to let me know about the date and I said "WHAT?!?” He said in a surprised tone, yup. This left us with a week and half to plan everything. Ok, we can do this, I was trying to stay positive and productive.

Then my husband called me back moments later because he received another phone call from the clinic saying, oh we just received a phone call from the O.R. and the surgeons and there is an open slot on Monday 2/27/2006 and we have now moved the surgery up. What?!? It was such a shocker for everyone. Now we had only a week to cram in the last minute appointments for my husband and father-in-law, including a family meeting to let everyone know what to expect after the surgery.

I didn't know if we all could make it through the week before the transplant with everything that needed to be done. Now I was starting to panic!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! That is about all I can say! :)