Monday, June 1, 2009

Friday's Day Trip

We headed to the Cape on Friday. The weather didn't cooperate, but we went anyway. My mom and I wanted to see the ocean. On our day trips to the ocean towns ends up being the only time I get to see the ocean. I love the water. Its the sounds, smells and sites that lure me so much to the ocean. This is one of the reasons, no matter what the weather is like, I make it a point to go see it.

I hope Drew loves the ocean as much as I do!

We originally chose to go see Hyannis but on our way to the town, there was a massive accident across the roadway, so we took a detour. I had noticed a sign at the intersection before the accident for a local beach and we chose to go there rather then waiting for the traffic to clear to head to Hyannis. We ended up in Centerville.

The beach was empty. We were the only fools there on a damp, overcast, misty day but it was worth it. It ended up being Drew's first time to the ocean and I hope its not the last. When I took him out the van he was a little cranky, since it was just about time to eat. I walked with him over to the water and the little guy just calmed right down with the sound of the waves. So, we stood on the beach listening to the water and seagulls while his grammie collected sea shells. It was so perfect! I wouldn't change it for anything.

The day at the beach was cut short since the rain started to come in a little heavier, but it was still a great day. After the visit to the beach, we drove around the cape a little bit more before heading home.

My mom and I promissed to go back to the cape for another day trip this year....I just hope we get the chance!

1 comment:

Deleted said...

Awww, sorry your weather wasn't the best but the bright side is that you got to spend that first moment with just Grammie, Drew, the ocean and you. Lovely picture, sound asleep :)


Hope you have many more days to go and do that with your mom!