Monday, June 8, 2009

I-Just-Wanted-To-Sleep!

Drew had a cranky weekend. He's entitled. Everyone has off days. It just happened to be at night when he was not having a great time.

He was hungry, we'd feed him.....he only at an ounce.

He was tired, so we put him to bed...he wouldn't sleep.

He wanted to be picked up, so we picked him up.....then he wanted to be put down.

He wanted to be in his chair, so we put him there....then he wanted to be picked up.

It was a long weekend for us and it carried into the wee hours of this morning. Jeff and I take turns taking care of Drew in the middle of the night, but we were so exhausted from the weekend, I decided to take the entire night shift and call out of work so I could sleep. That way, both of us could catch up on some zzzz's.

My mom arrived this morning, around 8:30am while I slept on the couch and Drew in his bouncy chair finally asleep. I filled her in on what she needed to know and went to bed.
At 10am, she announces that the tree people are here! I screech, WHAT! I had to run out and move my car so they could cut down the tree that splits our driveway from our neighbors. My FIL and neighbor were talking about hiring a company, but the company never told our neighbor when they were coming. So, all I could say is I picked a horrible day to catch up on my sleep!

After contacting my FIL about our new visitors for the day, I tried to go back to sleep. I was able to get a little more shut eye even with the equipment buzzing, thuds from the tree parts falling and guys yelling outside. I was then woken up by a darn telemarketer in the early afternoon and I finally gave up.

Oh, how I just wanted to sleep!

My mom was outside taking pictures throughout the day. What went on outside -






2 comments:

Deleted said...

Oh what horrible news, terribly sorry to hear what a bad time you had :(

Cherish said...

Sounds like a tough couple of days :( Josiah was really difficult this weekend too, but we couldnt figure out why either. babies can be so hard to understand sometimes! Good luck catching up on those zzzz's.