Monday, March 24, 2008

What was it?

It was 5pm and ready to head out for my surprise on Saturday evening. We drove through our neighborhood, drove to the "main drag" for our town, pulled our U-Turn and drove into the parking lot of the Hu Ke Lau restaurant. I was excited, we hadn't been there for years.

My husband explained we were going for dinner and a comedy show. Oh, how fun! The Hu Ke Lau is a Polynesian restaurant and an entertainment facility for comedy/Hawaiian shows. The comedian was Christopher Titus. He was hilarious! Our food was great too (the drinks were yummy, especially the pineapple rum beverage).

I was so excited he had planned the whole night for us to go out and have fun. He mentioned he saw an ad in a local newspaper and thought we would really enjoy it. Boy was he right!

I'm just glad this surprise was able to happen since the last time he tried, the transplant was pushed up and we never made it to Canada. He was planning to whisk me away for the weekend (before the passport requirements went into effect) to Canada to see Niagara Falls since I have never been there. So, for this past weekends surprise, I'm glad there were no scheduling conflicts.

Hu Ke Lau

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh this sounds like so much fun...how sweet and thoughtful! I'm gald you all had a nice time - I love to laugh - comedy shows are awesome!