Friday, March 14, 2008

I'd like you to meet my Step-Son

My step-son is 10 years old and lives in Southern VA. He moved south about a year and half ago with his mom. We see him every other month either in VA, MD or MA. We have worked out with his mother our visitation weekends.

He is a great student and is proud of his grades. He gets A's, B's and a few C's, but hey we all did in school. He loves sports too. He is passionate about golf, just like his dad. He has tried out Basketball, Hockey and will give baseball a whirl this spring.

Its so funny to see him and his dad play golf. They are a bunch of "I did betther then you" trash talkers on the course. He is actually pretty good where I don't even want to attempt to play a round of golf with him since he will kick my butt. He just applied for a golf scholorship for a local tournament. He was working on his essay the other night. I can't wait to see what he wrote about.

He also is a video game expert. His father introduced the games early in his life (before I had an influence), so they constintly play Need for Speed, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or any other new game that is out there they want to try out.

I wish I could talk more about him day to day, but we don't get to see him often. My husband talks to him every week (usually a few times a week, when ever he can get in touch with him), but its still not the same as seeing him like we did before. We used to get him every other weekend when he lived in MA.

We will see him at the end of the month for a few days. I can't wait and I know my husband is excited too. So, I will have an update and hopefully some new pictures to share when we return.

No comments: