Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Trip Planning

We will be heading south next week to spend time with my step-son. I am in the process of trying to figure out what to do with a 10 year old boy for a few days, that won't cost us an arm and a leg. So, I have been searching at any opportunity I can for websites that offer a calender of events for VA.

I really couldn't find much. Any ideas???? Please help! We will be down in Southern VA (the Roanoke area). We will be there for 3 full days with him and he isn't giving us any ideas except that he wants to go bowling.

I found one thing that I would we would be interested to see, but its 2 hours away from his area. Its a bull riding tour. I think that would be fun, but I don't think he wants to be in the car for a 2 hour ride to the University of VA and then another 2 hours back home. I guess I could check though!

So, I welcome any ideas! We will also be in the same area in August, so I welcome summer ideas too! Thanks!
Go to fullsize image

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll brainstorm for you...I went to VT, which is about 45 minutes from Roanoke...not much going on there though!

The Sweet Family said...

Former Winchester Native now living in Southwest VA for a little over a year with 2 children, and nothing to do. One good choice is to check out Salem Civic Center. They have tons of stuff; Bull Riding, monster trucks, motorcross, etc...

If you can't find it, let me know and I will forward you the link.