Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Starbucks VS. Dunkin Donuts

I am not a coffee drinker, yuck. Sorry if I offended anyone, but I can't stand the taste. I do however like the smell of Hazelnut coffee, but that's about it. I am a tea drinker. I like black, herbal or fancy. The fancy tea's I like are Chai's.

This brings me to the rival of Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts. I used to go to double d's all the time for my medium Vanilla Chai. I would occasionally go to Starbucks (for a Tazo Chai) if there was no Dunkin Donuts around, but my loyalty was to DD's.

A few months ago, I pulled up to the drive through speaker to order my treat and the voice on the other side said "Sorry ma'am, but the Vanilla Chai has been discontinued". What! My world was crushed. There was no warning, they just stopped selling it. I found out later they discontinued it for the new Milkey Way Hot Chocolate which I tried, but I didn't like it. It wasn't my fancy warm drink!

So, now I visit Starbucks for my Chai treat. I know they are a little more expensive, but its so worth it. I know I can get a regular tea at double d's instead of the Chai, but the water is scolding hot and it takes hours for it to cool down before I can even take a sip.

Now I order my Chai at Starbucks. Take that Dunkin Donuts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA! I so understand your pain. I LOVE COFFEE! I also like tea and prefer chai if I am actually picking tea over coffee. I bought Bigelow Vanilla Chai at the grocery and a little cream and a pack of splenda and it is AWESOME! You need topick some up. I already had one cup today and I'm pondering the 2nd!