Thursday, March 6, 2008

5 Hour Energy Drink

5-Hour Chaser Energy Drink 2 Fl Oz (60 Ml) 1 Bottle

5-Hour Chaser Energy Drink 2 Fl Oz (60 Ml) 1 Bottle


Last night, before volleyball, I tried the magical 5 Hour Energy Drink. The commercial promises 5 hours of energy, no instant crashes and with no calories. I'm sure you have seen the commercials on TV.

My husband and I went to a connivance store to get our water and energy bars before we headed to volleyball and I noticed they had the magical energy drink sitting on the counter for sale with two choices of flavors. One was citrus and the other was berry. We went for the berry flavor.

As we drove to our destination, I opened my little shot bottle of energy goodness and took a big swig. Oh my goodness........yuck! The flavor was horrible! It tasted worse then cough syrup. I assumed it would taste like red bull, boy was I mistaken. I finished off what was left, but I thought it tasted even worse then the first swig.

About an hour into playing volleyball I got this heavy feeling in my stomach. It felt like I had a lead balloon sitting inside my belly. It's not a nice feeling while you are running around. I am assuming it was from the energy drink from hell since I have never had this feeling after drinking water and an energy bar.

Oh, and I didn't even feel energized. I was yawning a couple of hours after drinking it!

So, my opinion is to stay far, far away from it. Don't believe the hype!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the warning! I rarely trust crap like this, but every now and then the commercials entice you enough to try it! I'm sure it is BUSTED! I wish you could have seen my face as I was reading this :) YUCK!